Take part in this exciting version of dodgeball
Gaga Ball is a fast-paced descendant of dodgeball and played in a large, inflatable hexagon. The ball is foam and soft. Sometimes more than one ball is in play at a time. Body Zone’s “pit” can accommodate 20+ kids.
Gaga Ball is a lot of fun and excellent exercise. Like dodgeball, players attempt to knock each other out of the game and conversely are always on the move trying to avoid being hit. Last player/team standing wins.
It differs from dodgeball in that players may not throw the ball. They must hit it. A ball that’s hit and strikes an opponent – knee level or below only – will result in that player being knocked out of the game.
- You can hit the ball with either hand, but picking up and throwing the ball is not allowed.
- If the ball touches a player anywhere on or below the knee, that player is out of the game.
- If a player hits the ball up into the air, another player may catch it and immediately place it on the ground to be hit.
- Players cannot kick the ball. Since this is touching the ball below the knee, that player would be eliminated.
- If a player hits the ball out of the pit and it does not touch the pit, ground, or another player, that player is out.
- Jumping on the walls is not permitted.
For More Information, Contact:
Director of Youth Programs/Events Coordinator