Water Safety Certification Programs
Berks County’s headquarters for water safety
- A three-day American Red Cross certified course for lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED.
- For first time lifeguards and those whose certification has expired. Teaches skills needed to respond to and prevent aquatic emergencies.
- For ages 15+ by end of session.
- Must schedule and complete the pre course session before the first day of class.
- Class must have five participants in order to for class to run.
- Students must bring a towel, one piece swim suit, warm clothes, and a writing utensil to class (CPR masks and books will be provided by Body Zone).
|JULY SESSION||July 12, 13, 14|
|Times:||Friday: 5:00 – 9:30 PM, Saturday: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM, Sunday: 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM|
|Fee:||$280 (includes pre course, CPR masks and books)|
- A one-day American Red Cross certified course for recertification for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR + AED
- For ages 15+
- Must have a current Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Must have five participants to conduct course
- Must schedule and complete the pre course session before first day of class.
- Students must bring lifeguarding book, CPR mask, towel, one piece swim suit, warm clothes, lunch and a writing utensil to class (CPR masks and books may be purchased at Body Zone for an additional fee).
- Location: Pool Party Room on main floor
|Date/Time:||Sunday, June 2 / 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM|
Water Safety Instructor
- This course is taught by American Red Cross certified instructor trainers.
- The purpose of the Water Safety Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach Parent and Child Aquatics, Preschool Aquatics, Learn-to-Swim, Adult Swim and other water safety courses.
- Water Safety instructor candidates must be at least 16 years old on or before the last scheduled day of the Water Safety Instructor course.
- Candidates must attend all classes – 34 hours total.
|Dates/Times:||Saturday, June 15: 12:00 – 2:30 pm (Swim Test)|
Wednesdays /June 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24: 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) Blended Learning
Check back for future dates
- American Red Cross certified class
- This course is designed for those who wish to teach Lifeguarding, CPR, AED, First Aid, and various other full courses and recertification courses.
- Learn how to train prospective lifeguard candidates to protect the lives of others by teaching them the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies.
- For ages 17+
- Must have a proof of a current Lifeguard/AED/CPR certification
- Four-day class and must attend all four classes in entirety.
- Must complete online materials before first day of class.
- Fee: $350, an additional online fee of $35 will be charged by the Red Cross to complete the blended learning material.
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Check back for future dates
- American Red Cross certified course
- New certification – $120
- Recertification – $100
- Must have four participants to run class
Designed for individuals with a duty to respond to emergencies, this program combines discussions and hands-on training. Real life rescue scenarios reinforce decision making skills. Course covers how to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, children and infants until more advanced medical personnel take over.
Lifeguard Instructor Review
A review course for lifeguard instructors that must take place every two years.
|Date:||Check Back For Future Dates|
|Time:||8:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
For more information:
Director of Aquatics
610-376-2100 x 225