BZ At Home
Our doors may be closed but we are so much more than four walls, gym and equipment. Let’s continue to move and be healthy together, thank goodness for all of our virtual resources, until we see each other again.
Stay in-the-know about Body Zone operations and programs during our closing by visiting this page: https://bodyzonesports.com/coronavirus-updates/
Work Out At Home With These FREE Resources From Our Fitness Partners:
- Les Mills On Demand “At Home Workouts.” Thanks to our friends at Les Mills you can continue your BODYFLOW practice, punch it out with BODYCOMBAT, dance for fitness, de-stress with meditation and more — at home and for free. The platform offers 95 free workouts across 10 categories and also includes a super fun way to get our kids moving with BORN TO MOVE — a fun workout for children six to 14. No need to subscribe — just scroll through all the options. Click this link to get started: https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts
- MYZONE Master Trainer bodyweight workouts. These amazing workouts are free, daily and live! Follow them on Instagram and Facebook.
- SilverSneakers Virtual Exercise Classes. These are free Facebook Live events. Follow them on Facebook for more information.
- Rock Steady Boxing for people with Parkinson’s “On-Your-Own” exercise series. Go to their YouTube page for stretches, warm-ups, workouts, core and cool-downs. 14 videos have already been produced with four more on the way. Link here: https://youtu.be/9lbbkNLTApE
- Mindful.org How To Meditate. An incredibly helpful how-to, get started guide to meditating to help lower stress and just deal with daily life. Link here: https://www.mindful.org/how-to-meditate/
- Wellbeats On Demand Fitness. Free access to 500 1-60 minute classes,nutrition education and challenges for the whole family and for Body Zone members only until April 30. Email our staff to get your access code. Step 1:Download the Wellbeats App or visit their website portal: portal.wellbeats.com. Step 2: Select “Register Via Code” and use your special invitation code. Step 3: Play a fitness class.
- “Workout Of The Day” by Life Fitness Digital Coach. Access free, at-home and new workouts every day. Link here: https://go.lifefitness.com/wod
From Our BZ Fitness And Wellness Team To You!
BZ @ Home Yoga — LIVE classes With Rachel Stine as follows:
**Live classes will take place on Body Zone’s Instagram LIVE.
Sunday, March 29 at 10:00 AM: Gentle Yoga
Tuesday, March 31 at 8:00 AM: Rise & Shine Yoga
Thursday, April 2 at 9:30 AM: Vinyasa Flow
Saturday, April 4 at 10:00 AM: Power Yoga
Watch her full-length recorded classes:
Gentle Yoga: https://youtu.be/lqO4Y2F0v1c
**No equipment needed besides mat or towel
Rise & Shine Yoga: Start your day with breathing techniques, stretching and a yoga flow for your day.
Gentle Yoga: All level yoga class focusing on breathing, stretches and gentle movements.
Power Yoga: A Vinyasa style, intermediate yoga class that moves you through all postures at a moderate pace with strong focus on breath awareness.
Vinyasa Flow: A moderately paced class with emphasis on good alignment and conscious movement with breath.
“Smart Choices For Every Day” Nutrition Calendar
We rolled out our annual National Nutrition Month calendar/checklist for members. Check it out for useful tips to help you power up your nutrition wisdom and discover new ways to Download our nutrition calendar activity for a daily dose of nutrition options and education on their benefits.
Free Meditation sessions via Brown University School of Public Health Mindfulness Center: https://bit.ly/2QsYoje
Note: You will need to download Zoom videoconferencing application for this service.
We love this summary of free or discounted online at-home workout options: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/gym-closed-here-are-some-free-or-discounted-workouts-do-ncna1159931
Free yoga and more via Down Dog and their family of apps: Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7-Minute Workout. All completely free until April 1. https://www.downdogapp.com/